The Asian markets are rangebound as market participants await the outcome of the U.S-China Trade negotiations and another busy week for the U.S markets.
- With the Trade Negotiations optimism waning, Trade Balance data today and the Non-Farm Payrolls on Friday the U.S markets are set for another volatile week.
Economic data that might affect the price action today:
- ADP Non-Farm Employment change at 15:15 SAST.
- Trade Balance (Dec) at 15:30 SAST.
- Crude Oil inventories at 17:30 SAST.
Let's have a look at the technical charts for the Wall Street 30:
Wall Street 30
The short-term pullback was expected as highlighted in the previous Wall Street Wednesday Note and there might be more downside to come if Jobs numbers disappoint on Friday.
Looking at the Daily Chart of the Wall Street 30 index we can see our previous target price lower was just missed at 25592 which is the current support level to watch. A possible target price higher might be at 26294 if all fundamental factors playout on a positive note.
- Take note: we might see the price action move lower still if the Jobs number disappoints on Friday which might see the price target 25199.
Source – MetaTrader5
Disclaimer: Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained within this research is provided as general market commentary, and does not constitute investment advice. GT247.com will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information. The content contained within is subject to change at any time without notice, and is provided for the sole purpose of assisting traders to make independent investment decisions.